Cian Foley transformed himself from an 18.5 stone unfit and unwell sedentary desk worker, to a 12 stone, fit and energetic kettlebell world champion through becoming cerebral about nutrition and training.
To share his knowledge and method, known as The DEFoW Diet, Cian published his book, Don’t Eat for Winter, which has been an amazing success with the first print selling out and readers reporting over 100s and 100s of lbs of fat loss.
The concept is all about getting rid of the confusion around diet and looking to nature for the solution to one of today’s biggest health problems obesity. 2/3 of adults are either overweight or obese and 10x times the number of children are obese compared to 40 years ago. Cian maintains that our current problems stem from the fact that because foods from the harvest (autumn) are available in both natural and refined forms 247/365 and therefore we live in an infinite autumn preparing our bodies for a winter than never comes. DEFoW is a means of escape from this artificial environment.
Since the book launched Cian has been spoken at various engagements:
- RE/MAX employee wellbeing event
- IPAV AGM
- Harvest Festival Speaker and Panelist
- Network Ireland event at Grow HQ
- Agora publishing employee wellbeing event
- RedHat employee wellbeing event
- SE2 employee wellbeing event
- WIT employee wellbeing event
- Revenue Commissioners Waterford
Cian is available to speak at various events related where there is an interest in fitness and getting in shape. E.g. gyms, company wellbeing events, conferences etc. so do make contact if you feel there’s a fit.
Feedback from recent talk at Revenue Commissioners Waterford:
- Did you enjoy session on DEFOW? 100% Yes
- Did you learn from session on DEFOW? 100% Yes
Further comments from attendees:
- “I am going to the Book Centre today to buy the book”
- “It all makes perfect sense – I would like to learn more”
- “I really enjoyed that – it made me think differently about how I eat. I’m always deprived! Will get the book.”
- “Cian really knows his stuff”
- “Thanks for the information, it was an eye opener”
Feedback from Talk at Waterford Institute of Technology
“WIT value their employee’s health and wellbeing; to this end the Employee Wellbeing Committee invited Cian to share his 90lb weight loss journey with staff who found it informative and thought provoking encouraging us to be mindful of what food we eat and highlighting problems facing us and our families today. Cian made a real impact and caused a great buzz among our staff with his concept of Don’t Eat For Winter giving us a new perspective on foods. We would highly recommend inviting Cian to your organisation for Employee Wellbeing initiatives.”
– Roisin Shanahan, Senior HR Business Partner
(on behalf of WIT Employee Wellbeing Committee)
Feedback from Talk with Patrick Curley Peak Fitness Studio Gym Members
“A little over a year ago while on holidays I read Cian’s inspiring little book. I say little because it literally is a little book but it packs a big punch. While training for my last marathon I followed the guidelines set out in the book and I lost 5kg of body fat while maintaining muscle mass and on top of that I felt so much better in myself with more energy. Cian talked everyone through the does and donts of nutrition and food combinations for weight loss and sports specific nutrition. Everyone really enjoyed it and we look forward to welcoming Cian back for another session”
Latest posts by Cian (see all)
- What is the Best Exercise to Lose Weight? - May 21, 2018
- How to Spring into your Summer Beachbody with DEFoW - May 18, 2018
- My Top 10 Summer Weight Loss Tips That DEFoW Work - April 7, 2018